I believe we all have insightful thoughts and ideas of great value that can be (should be) recorded. They are gained through our personal experiences and observations, sometimes by challenges we experience, sometimes by the examples of others, and at times, by inspiration from the Holy Spirit. These often come to us in fleeting moments of insight. And when they do, it is wisdom that we make notes and record them. We should ponder on these thoughts and cherish the insights. Over the course of our lives, if we record our meaningful thoughts (and internalize them), they will build our character, and they may likely bless the lives of others who may read them.
If we record these thoughts, it is also wise to organize and formalize them. Write them down and elaborate with clarity. Ponder and carefully organize your thoughts/insights. And, use your best writing skills.
Here are some steps you might consider:
- Strive to be good and live a good life. Be kind to others and true to your personal understanding of “goodness.” Be positive! Try to improve yourself and be better. And, always “Look for the Good!”
- Be aware of life and be a thinker! During any given day, good ideas and thoughts will come to you. Keep your mind open for these moments of inspiration. Look for them; anticipate them; record and remember them!
- Always be open to inspiration and guidance from the Holy Spirit. Strive to be sensitive to positive spiritual promptings. Listen with your heart.
- Earnestly try to understand and respond positively to the guidance and inspiration you receive. Follow that guidance!
- When thoughts come to you, make quick written notes to yourself as a reminder (or you will forget). Briefly record the key elements of your thoughts and ideas. (Eventually, when you are preparing to formalize and record your thoughts, you will want to refer to these notes.)
- Preselect a quiet and comfortable place (if possible) to sit down and organize your thoughts. And, pick a time that will be the least distracting (kids are in bed, TV is off, etc.).
- Then, go to that same place, at that same time regularly (i.e., daily) to think, ponder and write. Overtime, this will program your body, mind, and senses, and it will help you focus. Eventually, when you go to that same place, at the same time each day, your brain and body will “click” into a creative mode, and your creative thoughts will flow.
- Before you begin writing, spend time thinking and pondering about what you want to record. What is your message? Refer to your daily notes!
- Select positive insights that interest and inspire you. Then ask yourself: “What do I want to convey?” “Is it of value?” “Do I want to share, or is it too personal?”
- When you have settled on a subject, try to imagine the main message or key points you want to record. Consider outlining your topic: thesis statement, introduction, body, conclusion.
- Then, when you feel ready, begin writing. Do not worry too much about grammar and spelling. You can go back later to edit and correct errors and style. But for now, just begin writing your thoughts! Craft it later.
- After your first draft, edit and correct your writing. Then, have someone you trust read and review what you have written. Listen to their input and thoughts. Afterwards, make final corrections and adjustment.
- Now, “sleep on it.” And, in the morning, review again what you have written. You may want to make some final adjustments; but, when you feel good about it, you are done! Update, save, and post/publish.
President Russell M. Nelson has taught: “Record those impressions, review them often and follow through with exactness. I promise you that as you consistently give the Lord a generous portion of your time, He will multiply the remainder.”
Click HERE to return to my Home page.
Click HERE to go to my Index of Blog Posts.
10 thoughts on “Why and How to Record Thoughts”
We wish to thank you once more for the stunning ideas you offered Jeremy
when preparing her post-graduate research as
well as, most importantly, with regard to providing each
of the ideas in a blog post. Provided we had known of your blog a year ago,
we’d have been kept from the unnecessary measures we were selecting.
Thank you very much.
It is not my first time to visit this web site, i am browsing
this web page dailly and get pleasant facts from here
Very good written post. It will be useful to everyone who usess it, as well as myself.
Keep doing what you are doing – can’r wait to read more posts.
Thanks, I’ve recently been looking for info approximately this topic for ages and
yours is the greatest I’ve discovered so far. But, what in regards to the conclusion? Are you certain concerning the source?
Thank you very much. I appreciate your kind thoughts. And yes, I will take another look at this post and possibly add a conclusion statement. Scott
I simply wanted to compose a quick word so as to express
gratitude to you for all of the unique recommendations you are writing
at this website. My extended internet search has now been rewarded with good quality insight
to go over with my classmates and friends. I ‘d assert that many of us visitors
actually are unequivocally fortunate to exist in a remarkable network with very
many outstanding people with valuable tips and hints.
I feel extremely privileged to have come across your web page and look forward to plenty of
more awesome minutes reading here. Thank you once more for a lot of things.
Thank you so much for your kind words. I sincerely appreciate your message and comments. Scott
Hello. This article was extremely remarkable, especially since I was investigating for thoughts on this
issue last couple of days.
Thanks so much regarding giving me an update on this subject on your web site.
Please realize that if a brand new post becomes available or in case any changes occur on the current
write-up, I would be thinking about reading a lot more and
learning how to make good use of those tactics you reveal.
Thanks for your time and consideration of other people by making your blog available.
Hi to every one, as I am truly eager of reading this web
site’s post to be updated daily. It includes good stuff.